The state government has decided to grant socially needy Lower Austrians a one-off heating cost subsidy of €150.00 for the 2023/24 heating season.
In addition, due to the current wave of inflation in the energy sector (particularly heating costs), a Lower Austria special funding for the 2023/2024 heating cost subsidy of € 150.00 will be granted for the year 2022/2023.
The municipality also provides a subsidy for water and sewer fees for these applicants. This application must also be submitted by March 31, 2024!!!!
The heating cost subsidy can only be applied for at the municipal office of the main residence by March 31, 2024.
Who can receive the heating subsidy?
The Lower Austrian heating cost subsidy can be received by Lower Austrian citizens who have expenses for heating costs and whose gross monthly income does not exceed the respective compensation allowance guideline rate in accordance with Section 293 ASVG.
The guidelines and templates for the application can be found on the website of the state of Lower Austria:
1. The group of people eligible for the Lower Austria heating cost subsidy includes:
a) Austrian citizens and their family members who have a “family member” residence permit in accordance with Section 47 Paragraph 2 NAG and have been legally resident in the federal territory for 5 years;
b) Citizens of another contracting state of the European Economic Area or Switzerland and their family members within the meaning of Directive 2004/38/EC, provided that entry was not for the purpose of receiving the funding in question;
c) Third-country nationals with a residence permit
- “EU permanent residence” in accordance with Section 45 NAG or
- “EU permanent residence” of another member state and a residence permit in accordance with Section 49 NAG;
d) Austrian citizens who have the same social status as nationals of other countries;
2. Main residence in Lower Austria for at least 6 months before application
3. Monthly gross income that does not exceed the respective compensation allowance guideline rate in accordance with Section 293 ASVG.
The following are excluded from funding:
1. People who do not run their own household
2. People who receive social assistance benefits according to the NÖ SAG
3. People who are accommodated in institutions at the expense of a social welfare provider
4. People who do not have their own heating expenses because they have a right under private law to heat their apartment or provide fuel (expenses, leases, deputies, etc.) and actually receive these services
5. all other people who do not have their own expenses for heating costs
The funding is granted depending on the available budgetary resources. There is no legal entitlement to funding.